Monday, January 10, 2011

Midterms and Procrastination

Procrastination is a year-round tool that students use to get out of work. They also use it to be able to complain about how much homework they have when they keep working until 1:00 in the morning. What we don't mention is that we didn't start until 12:00.
Midterms usually bring procrastination as a more serious issue. I, for one, have made a rather intense study schedule, but whether I can actually follow it remains to be seen.
Procrastination has become steadily easier for students as time-wasting sites, such as MLIA, Facebook, DearBlankPleaseBlank, Cracked, etc spread across the internet.
Also, I hyperlinked those, so if you didn't click on any of them and are still reading this, I congratulate you. (and me, because, if you didn't go check out all those average stories, this blog must be pretty darn interesting)
Anyway, I deactivted my Facebook to not waste my life on there, so I could "study". That was before I knew that, to reactivate your facebook, all you have to do is log back in. So I spent the next hour deactivating my facebook, then reactivating it to do one last thing.
But now it is deactivated...hopefully for good. How can you stop all of these other sites from invading your  study schedule?
Answer: you can't.
So you either have willpower, or you will fail your midterms.
This is me. And probably every other student in the school
I have no willpower.


But even without the whole procrastination thing, midterms are stressful.
And countering that stress is dififcult.
I recommend long breaks between each five seconds of studying, in which you can check all the sites mentioned above, and more!
Also, chocolate is good.


Or you could just bang your head against a wall.

Either way, you'll end up failing or fat.
Better work on that willpower.


Much love,
Island Queen

1 comment:

  1. For anyone interested, my whole "Facebook deactivation for midterms" thing lasted about two seconds.

    And yes, Facebook is up in a new tab right now. (:

    ReplyDelete