Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Words

I was in the mood for blogging, but I didn't know what to blog about. And then, when sharing this experience with my friends, I had a sudden inspiration.

So inspiring, I know.
I decided to blog about words.
Words can be pretty cool, if you think about it. Have you ever said a word so many times that it doesn't even sound like a word anymore?
Book, book, book, book, book, book, book, book

I said "book" aloud about 50 times just now, and now it just sounds like a funny noise. Also my brother is looking like me as though I am a freak. Which he seems to do a lot.

What makes some words funner than others? Everyone has heard that really long word that means "the fear of long words." Is that word funny? Or is it just funny because it matches its definition in a weird way?

Hmmm......no, I just think it's a funny word


Or what about palindromes?
Everyone always uses "race car" as an example of a palindrome, and I was about to use it as an example myself when I realized that it's not a single word.
So it doesn't really count.
How about "noon"? Plus noon gets bonus points because if you spell it NOON, it is not only the same backwards, but also upside down!

Also, it's everybody's favorite time of day...Lunch!

Word of the Day: Poppysmic: the noise your lips make when you smack them together

3 comments:

  1. Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.

    Giant Palindrome. YES! (I like this post by the way... but it is no longer lunch!)

    - Diamo N. Dgiver

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and "Amy, must I jujitsu my ma?"

    ... I didn't know whether I should mention that but I just did.

    - Diamo N. Dgiver

    ReplyDelete