Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Baking Experiences

Today was a snow day (which is ridiculous, because it barely snowed...in fact, it's raining now...I suspect that the superintendent REALLY didn't want to come to work today). I decided to spend the morning baking.
Well, not exactly. My mother forced me to spend the day baking. When I said that I wanted biscuits for breakfast this morning, but that there were none, I was hinting that we go buy some kind of breakfastly food. My mother mis-interpreted this, and made me find a recipe online for buttermilk biscuits. I wasn't too keen on the idea, because I'm not generally very good at baking.
Last time I baked something, this happened. 
But I baked anyway, just because I love my mother very much. Also because I was hungry, and my house was sadly devoid of food.
And the house didn't catch on fire (or, it hasn't yet...)
After I made the dough, I searched for the two-inch cutter that the recipe called for, but I didn't have any.
So I had to use my halloween pumpkin cookie cutter.
Yes, I made pumpkin-shaped biscuits and had them for breakfast.

Okay, they weren't exactly this neat, but you get the picture. 

Actually, I kind of had them for lunch, since, by the time I was done, it was 12:00....

A fascinating little conversation I had with Diamond Giver...the names are bleeped out to avoid stalkers, obviously. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST!
    OH YES!! i remember that time the house burned down... the biscuits came out really good even though you ended up with a destroyed house. It was almost worth it... did they come out good this time?

    Forgive me for spelling biscuits wrong in that wall post by the way, I don't know what came over me. I hope you enjoyed your Haloween Brunch! I think this belongs in the holidays section of our website, I shall most definetly add it.

    -DG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah it wasn't too great for the house, but fortunately we had insurance on the house on the island, and the biscuits were delicious (if I do say so myself!)

    IQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you certainly may. Nobody has better taste than Island Queen.

    -DG

    ReplyDelete