Thursday, February 10, 2011

Victory is Mine

Dear friends, today is an auspicious day indeed, shining more brightly than the whole of our illustrious history.
Shining so very brightly. 
For today, I stand before you not as Azlyn Aeron, but as Queen Azlyn Aeron of West Diamond Island. The fish have been confronted and seem to have retreated to the oceans, and in exchange for my victory, the Island Queen bestowed upon me one half of the island.

Yes, this Island.
The island is now two autonomous nations, each with full sovereignty. They have open borders and are very friendly towards each other. On East Diamond Island are the resort and all the other inhabitants. On West Diamond Island is my castle. The only exception to this is Genevieve Millianette, whose mansion is on the border between the two. 

How to describe my joy? I have finally achieved my goals of domination! Everything I ever wanted and I can retire before growing a single gray hair! But still, something felt... empty, somehow. 

I didn't understand what was missing, until I realized the one thing I truly lack is something that money cannot buy. 

Luckily, what money cannot buy, more money can.
And once I put the tank full of narwhals in the southern wing, my life felt complete. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment